Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 2 months ago

If a 2008 Chevy Impala has 300,000 miles on it and look good, what should I consider?

What's the most important thing to or consider?

I have a trade-in and cash.

I should of course test drive it and take it to my mechanic but what else?

Previous owners,etc.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

Start using PENNZOIL ULTRA PLATINUM OIL that extends an engine warranty to 500,000 miles! TODAYS CARS can actually last a LIFETIME! BENZ and VOLVO and AUDI/VW have MILLIION MILE CLUBS! TODAY>>>most cars are using the SAME exact TRANIIES and STEERING SYSTEMS found on BMW, BENZ and AUDI/VW. Your IMPALA is LOADED with EUROPEAN technology and you can EXPECT MORE MILES from it! PERSONALLY< i love buying used AUDI< BMW< and BENZ cars ON LINE from CARS.com or CARGURUS! They are HIGH mileage and CHEAP! The last two were BENZ CARS with actually LOW mileage for the years and they WILL get to ONE MILLIION MILES with usually only BRAKE PADS< new FLUIDS and TIRES! I have THREE RULES that work on ANY car! Keep the THROTTLE BODY and IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE clean>>use SYNTHETIC OIL MADE for your type of car (spec numbers NOT viscosity ratings.)>>>INSTALL DENSO TWIN TIP IRIDIUM LASER spark plugs. They REACT with our latest LOW SULFUR FUEL to produce MORE power from each drop of fuel and LOWER emissions to near ZERO! MILEAGE goes UP on EVERY CAR>>>>>>Keep your engine bay CLEAN with frequent washings with GUNK ORIGINAL ORANGE engine cleaner at a DIY car wash! Clean the SPACE behind the RADIATOR and in FRONT of the AC condenser! Here is where LEAVES< TWIGS, FEATHERS and animal droppings collect over the years! Keep your AIR VENTS clean and free of fallen leaves. ><>on GM cars, replace he COOLANT with TOYOTA or AUDI coolant as DEXSCOOL will eventually eat your INTAKE GASKETS! gm shose the WRONG material here that is NOT compatible with aging DEXCOOL coolant!>>>> i have cars out there with 350,00 +_ miles and mostly they Are EURO< ASIAN< and FORD cars. Gm lags behind! They simply do NOT want you to get much farther than 150,000 miles and the CADDY engines are PURE JUNKERS. >>HIGH MILEAGE cars are HARD TO SELL but you can keep them in the family! NOONE believes that a car can LAST that long! MOST believe that a car with 100,000 miles is ON IT"S WAY OUT.  NOT SO any more!  LOOK AROUND and you will SEE that only OLD CHEVIES make SMOKY vapors! SAAB engines use GUN METAL BLUE STEEL for the valve guides! they NEVER wear out, like OLD Packard engines! ALL CARS USING BOSCH or DENSO injection can last FOREVER cuz of HOW precisely they Are MADE! >>>it is ALWAYS about the OIL CHOICES that cause engine woes! VALVOLINE should NOT be made any more! They EXIST from a reputation they simply do NOT deserve! Most engine in the junk yards GOT THERE using it, and NO FACOTRY ON EARTH uses it. It ROTS rubber parts and the acidic vapors collect EVERYWHERE inside the engines and cause LIFTER NOISES< TIMING CHAIN wear and MORE with coatings of COKE and TAR and WAX and VARNISH on every engine part! so THERE it IS! GOOD LUCK! There are really NO REAL American cars anymore. There are 42 ZF German plants in America supplying TRANS and steering to KIA< LINCOLN , CADDY, FORD, GM, and CHRYSLER as well as to AUDI, BMW, many BENZ cars, VOLVO! EDGE is half FORD and HALF AUDI>>>>FUSION is HALF Ford and HALF MAZDA. CRUZE is HALF CHEVY and half ZF and OPEL of Germany! ANYTHIGN with PADDLE shifters is either ZF or AISIN WARNER of JAPAN. And this is WHY our cars NOW can last MUCH LONGER than EVER! THANKFULLY our emissions standards, PRE-TRUMP< continually call for more precision on ALL cars made! and nearly ALL CARS have BOSCH INJECTION or DENSO made under license from BOSCH to keep working forever from our modern LOW SULFUR EURO style fuels that perpetually CLEAN!  It is ALWAYS the OIL CHOICES that cause issues with ANY CAR now! TRUST MOBIL ONE and PENNZOIL to keep things going in the RIGHT direction! PENNZOIL is THE choice of FERRARI< and for GOOD reasons! >>SO MANY TURBO CARS and VALVOLINE just CANNOT handle high heat and RUINS the TURBO bearings under loads! I had TWO HIGH MILEAGE AUDI turbo cars that NEVER needed turbo work! PENNZOIL saves them from HEAT and WEAR and FAILURE! They have the HIGHEST warranty as well!  

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'd consider buying something else. That one is done. 300k miles is too many.

• 2 months ago

Consider that at 300,000 miles you better hope the transmission holds up. Check the color of the ATF and the motor oil before buying it. The brake lines on any GM vehicle also rust out so if any of the brake lines looks wet they'll likely need replacing.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's too many miles = money pit 💰

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would not buy it at any price.  The mileage  is too huge.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If it’s more than $500, it’s not worth it. No matter how good it looks, it’s going to break down constantly. Most cars start having lots of problems around 120k. Most cars don’t last to 300k at all. Even if it’s in good shape now, next week you may end up having to replace 5 things at once. Personally, I would never buy a car with 300k because it won’t last. If you have a working vehicle now, don’t trade it in and waste your money on some old beater with 300k miles. Most cars don’t make it to 200k. It’s probably on its last leg. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.