Why can't a school of 1500+ students find a football kicker without borrowing from the soccer team?

Where I went to high school and still attend the Friday night games at seems like the kicker always splits time with the soccer squad and will be with them on some game days. We had a good kicker in the program back before I got in my high school years back in 2002-04, he could boot a 7p yar feild goal but seems since him the program has never had a kicker exclusive to the football team, when I was in school we always borrowed a soccer player and they still do today.

I get that kids do multiple sports. I played football, wrestled, and threw discus. But yeah we pretty much were "borrowing" our kicker as soccer was his priority and he never even did tackling drills.

Most high school football coaches don't know the first thing about training kickers.  Soccer coaches do, so it makes sense to use a player who has already been trained in kicking techniques rather than hire a competent football-kicking coach.

It can. It apparently just chooses not to because it's found the kicker it wants. Also, it's not "borrowing" because the soccer team doesn't own that student or player. When I was in high school, I played three different sports. None of them were borrowing me from any of the other ones. It's not at all uncommon for high school athletes to play more than one sport and be on more than one team.