I'm Autistic, I have Asperger's syndrome. Can I get in trouble for sex charges? Is this too cruel?

Is it too cruel for someone with Asperger's to get charged for sex crime 

If I'm smarter than the average person compared to those normal people think, which I'll never be. (For that and for other legal reasons) Then, why am I in trouble?

Yes, you can be charged with sex offenses, if the police and courts have reason to believe you committed them. Having AS isn't going to prevent that, nor can you use that as an excuse to get away from going to prison. And having AS doesn't necessarily mean you're smarter than anyone else-in fact, it's more likely to mean just the opposite.

• Expat

Yes, of course you can. I suggest you attempt to control your impulses. If it is determined that you cannot be held responsible for your actions and they included sexual crimes you would not be sent to a prison but to a psychiatric hospital until such a time as the doctors believe you can be trusted in public. 

Yes they will toss you in jail/prison just like anybody else, if your a punk that's  awakard or scared those inmates will test you, even assault/molest you. I'm aspergers I tuffined up in my teens, if your autistic that's a virgin to violence then you need to tuffin up to deal with ignorant people  that want to test you or take advantage of you.