Do you prefer Ford or Chevy?

• (A)
    1 week ago

GM vehicles are best.

In the old days I had many Chevys, but nowadays I'm driving a Ford. Fancy that.

ford because of their lineup...

• F

Owned 5 Fords , only one was trouble. Never had a Chevy as Im in the UK abd they   haven’t sold them here for long apart from rebadged Daewoos .

There is an AABSOLUTE truth to this! CHEVY ahs ALWAYS chosen to use CHEAPEST PARTS around! Their suspension and steering parts FAIL faster! ODLER GM cars got DOOR SAG after the first eyewear and the PAINT would just fall of! GM was asked for EVERY ENGIEN they made between 1996-2003 for GINTAKE GASKET FAILURES as decolor was NOT compatible with the GASKERTS they chose to use! SO engines would FAIL at about 90-100K moils! Their BRAKES on first editions of FRONT WHEEL DRIVE cars would BIND UP and you world replace the FRONT BRAKES over and over again as the REAR ONES would just JAM UP!..TODAY they got SMARTER! They NOW use mostly German designed, but American made ZF transmissions and use SAAB designed ENGIENS and more EUROEPAN technology! GM trucks an cars would get ROTTED BTAKE LINES the fastest, WASTE most fuel and CURRENTLY have a multi BILLION dollar lawsuit for ignitions switches that CATH ON FIRE< and AIR BOAGS that deploy harming PETS and CHILDRE<  for no apparent reason !THAT being said, FORD WINS the debate between FORD and CHEVY every time! The MUSTANG< e.g., had to have a brand new SYNO created to test the power output! Their engines produced pow4er throu ALL tach ranges! And GM countered by booting many ASIAN CARS and putting thei NAME on it! The TOYOTA MATRIX and the PONTIAC VIBE are the SAME IDENTICLA CAR< gut the VIBE uses BAD AC DELCO PLULGS and ORANGE sexfoil coolant, The MATRIX uses DENOT PLUGS and TOYOAOT coolant! GN is the most INDIFFERENT company there is! From an ACUARIAN standpoint they have MORE FAILURES< ACIIDNETSD and ISSUES than any other BRAND out there! The CRUZE uses a DAAB based engine, and German made ZF trans>  That shows they FINALLY got some BRAINS! Their are OTHER CARS Out the besides this two brans that Are EVN BETTER! AUDI wins at nearly every race there is! TOYOTA ahs the LEAST issues of any other car brans! .  ETC! People that own EUROPEAN CARS have issues trying to buy ANY AMRICAN ASOOCIATED car anyway! the FORD EDGE is HALF FORD and HALD AUDI< The FUSION is half FOR and HALF MAZDA! FORD uses better IDEAS! In MICHIGAN< e.g., there are FORD HOSPIOTIALS< COLLEGES< CLINICS and UNITVERISTY! There si NO BUICK or CADDT< or CHEVY hospital anywhere on EARTH> CUREENTLY< there are MORE GM engine allures due top NAD TIMING Chains than any company in HISTORY! Their FLAGSHIP CAR< the CADILLAC is made NOT from ALUMINUM ALLOYS , but with ALUMIUNM itself! They WEAR down, and the TIMING CVHAINS break at around 9-.000 miles! RIGHT AFTER THE WARRANTY does not work anymore!  GM filed for BANKRUPTCY cuz they could NTO fix all the BROKEN engines they made PONTIAC and OLDSMOBILE no longer exist! The FIERO and ASTRO VANS fail dismally in crash tests, another area where GM just doesn't CARE! They would install AIR BAGS to cars that would NOT pass crash test at ALL! PEOPLE DIES in them in FIRES and from bad car designs! The CAMARO currently is a DEATH TRAP! you  CANNOT SEE out any window, or mirror! You cant tell where the HOOD ENDS! ETC! You can TRUST the EUOPEANS COMPLETELY! They can LEGALLY DRIVE at speeds of 150 + MPH al;l day long! We are JUST starting to get there!   I even have BAD reactions. LOOK on CARCOMPLAINTAS .com! GMC engines are BREAKING DOWN from timing chain failure even EARLIER than expected! IN the OLD DAYS< chev was sued over BAD SOFT CAMSHAFTS in ALL engines made for CHEVY cars from 1976-1983>  DOOR SAGGING was normal! I will NERVER recommend a GM car to ANYONE based on my experience as a TECHNICVIAN! The OLD BUICK engine used plastic GOLF TESS to hold the RPCKER ARMS in place on a LONG shaft! GM OIL PUMPS were made of th4e CHEAPEST aluminum possible! and the OIL PUMPS would FAIL! Their BEST idea was making the PONTIAC VIBE wih TOYOTA in CALIFORNIA!  They can have nearly ANYTHING ELSE they make! Even the FRESHLY DEISIGNED CHECY V8 will FAIL at high speeds on the DYNO stand cuz the front DMAOPER would snap in half! Into he OLD days, at racing I would LAUGH as Z8 Camaros DUMPED their drive shafts on the track! MY BOSS 302 was like a LIMO in comparison! AND SO FORTH! >>>I nearly FLIPPED OUT when I read the OWNERS MANUAL of a NEW CAQDILLAC!... IT said,:at 100,000 mioles,re[plqce t4he ENGINE>" can you IMAGINE THAT! MEANWHILE there are MILLION MILE clubs for VOLO< NMERC$EDES< AUDI and mayber MORE! If you get to ONE MILLION MILES< you get a FREE CAR of your choice! THAT is CONMFIDENCE! that IS WHY America CANNOT BE great AGAIN! our cars WOULD DELIBERATELY rust IN THE DRIVEWAY AS THE paint WOULD FALL OF! no< THINGS ARE better< AS MORE AND MORE European suppliers ARE USAED IN EACH NEW model! zf< THE BEST trans MAKER ON earth< NOW SUPPLIES for< gm Chrysler, bmw, benz, Audi, vw kea, caddy< hyuindai< WITH GREAT trannies! tHEY HAVE 42 plants IN America ALONE! zf STEERING IS now USED ON MOST ford AND Chrysler CARS!fordIS bacmkINTO RACING AND WINS VERY OFTEN! chevy DROPPED OU T years AGO NOW! . EVN BY numbers< ford BEATS gm AND chevy! tHE ford truck IS number one IN THE world FOR TRUCKS!. Iam typing FURIOPUSLY on a TWENTY YEAR old computer ina DARK ROOM< so please FORGIVE TPOS and other issues! I hae LOTS of PASSION about cars, saving LIVES< and QUALITY! Even now GM ignition switches are STILL catching on ifre! If they cant do SMALL THINGS right, how about LARGR things???  

Neither...........................

Never owned either brand. 

Years ago I test drove a brand new Chevy model and the dash rattled badly.  I was instantly turned off as that told me a lot about the build quality.  I also test drove a Ford and after 20 minutes, my back was aching.  It had a poorly designed seat.

Ford!

Henry Ford quit working for GM a long time ago because he felt the American car buyer deserved better quality then what GM was providing. At the time he was an engineer working for what became the Cadillac!

GM has always had a quality control problem and Chevy is just one of a bunch of poor quality automobiles GM produces.

• Murzy

Neither but if I have to choose, the GM car.

• Rick

Ford, my '92 Bronco is right outside ..................