Ben
Ben asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 2 months ago

Isn't ink for the printer something expensive?

a) yes

b) no

More than 'somewhat'!   In some brands it costs more per millilitre than the most expensive champagnes.

A. Damnably expensive, when I print 2-3 pages a year and need a new cart every single time. No, cleaning heads doesn't help.

Yes, in the same way fuel for cars, food for the cupboards and paying for internet is expensive

Yes. it is cheaper.

I have an inkjet printer and have found a very good quality non genuine ink cartridge which are very reasonably priced about a third of genuine inkjets. I get these from a local computer shop, worth asking round.

• JOHN B

Yes. It can be. My first condition when buying a printer is cost of the ink cartridge.

laser printer toner is cheapest on a per page basis

Yes. often more expensive than a new printer!....

Yes.  Plus, ignore the clown who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.  Laser printers do NOT use ink.

• Scott

Yes. If you have a cheap laser printer, it’s always cheaper to buy a new one than to replace the toner cartridges.