Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 4 months ago

Is 25 minutes a lot to walk?

I signed up for swimming classes but the pool is a bit far away, and I don't know if there are any buses

After a few times you will think it easy.

• Luke

No. Your prehistoric ancestors walked for hours every day. 

• Carlos

A good excercise is to power walk in a low depth pool for 10 - 30 minutes for resistance training .

But 30 minutes walking equates to 1.5 - 2 miles is a brisk cardio and good to .

• Lili

No, I do it every day at least twice. In fact, I walk more than that.

• Sandy

if you do it coming and going, you won't need to swim. do that 3 times a week and you're golden. 

No, that's not too much to walk. Or you could always get a bike.

It's probably about a mile and a half if you walk at a pace that's brisk but not as fast as you can go. Walking three miles to and from isn't all that much. But bear in mind you'll have wet hair on the return and it's easy to get chilled.

It's worth finding out if there's a bus route. Maybe you use it both ways, or one, or neither, depending on the weather and your energy.

They claim you walk an extra 30 minutes per day is good for you but will you feel like walking 25 minutes after a swim to get home?