Approximate value of parts from a 2001 Chevy Venture minivan (blown engine)?

I live in NJ. The doors have value, perhaps upwards of 500$ maybe?. Is it likely significant value could be found in what's left? Some engine parts are ok, but the emgine shakes violently when you attempt to start it.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

IO had a REALY GOOD laugh one day watching a CAR SHOP like MOOR WEEK! The EMCEE said that the CHEVY LUMINA mini vain should have gone from the dealership floor DIRECTLY to the JUNK YARD! I really ROLLED on that one! the BODY panels and FLOOR BOARDS of your MONTANA rust rust rust so EASY! I neve see ANY that Are NOT half EATEN away! The ENGINES have THIN BAD CASTINGS that break EASILY! MACHINE SHOPS do NOT want to work on most GM engines cuz they CANNOT guarantee them! MEANWHILE BENZ and VOLVO have MILLION MILE CLUBS! They Are made to HIGHER standards and get QUALITY checks all the way! If you get go ONE MILLION MILES your get a FREE CAR of your choice!>>>>chances are that your ENGINE is NOT really BLOWN! It MAY need new HEADS< that is almost NORMAL on these things! I would be CERTAIN about what is REALLY WRONG here! If the engine has SEIZED< that is ONE THING! HEAD can be REPAIRED as well easy and CHEAP! THINK TWICE! are your BODY PANELS withering AWAY from RUST yet!! It CAN be SAVED! The CHEVY LUMINA SUV had PLASTIC door catches that would BREAK !GM never seems to get ANYTHING RIGHT the first time~ They do NOT test things out totally. IT took them FOUR generations to make a VETTE that did NOT rattle! The CADDY engines would DUMP timing chains as well as VHEVY V8s would! WHY NOT USE CAR-PART.com and get a GOOD USED engine installed for under $500??? or just take the HEADS OFF and have them CHECKED! This is a WARNING as well! People that use the EL CHEAPO oil changes are in REAILY cutting their HEADS OFF! BAD OIL causes SEALS to leak; PCV systems to ROT EARLY! ENGINE DAMAGE as it makes MROE and MORE sludge and TARRY coatings! If you use ONLY PENNZOIL ULTRA PLATINUM or ULTRA EURO< you get a 500,000 mile EXTENDED WARRANTY! The FORD AEROSTAR is NOT much better! I LOVE AUDI SUVS and BMW ones TOO and even BENZ Ones! They are CHEAP as they age an last a LONG  LONG time without RUSTING Or catching on FIRE ( like a CHEVY can do from ignition switches) WE MAY NEVER by a GREAT country anymore! Our ATTITUDES are ALL WRONG! Gm has made SO MANY FIALURES  it is UNCOUNTABLE! CADDY is NOT made to go any further than 10-0,000 miles! Then the CHAINS break dons! I got someone a NEWER engine ( not a NEW engine) from GM. They would NOT give away a FREE ENGIEN even though the CHAIN quality was UP TO THEM in the first place!  HATE THAT! 

• 1 month ago

A 20 yr old vehicle is worth scrap value. You're delusional if you think you can get $500 for the doors.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nothing. 

I sold my 2001 Pontiac Montana for $500, perfectly running. It was priced for a quick sale, mind you. But still. 

There’s no shortage of parts for these in scrap yards.

• 2 months ago

$500 for the doors?  Dude, the whole vehicle isn't worth more than $300 on a really good day, and that's with a working engine.

There just isn't a big market for doors from a 2001 Chevy minivan.  It's just not a vehicle many collectors want.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Scrap it you should get about $100.00

• 2 months ago

Sell it to a salvage yard.  Maybe you will get $100

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

1) The parts have little value because so few are on ther road and it's not a collectible classic. As a parts vehicle, it's worth no more than about $500 total. 

2) A badly shaking engine could just mean it's not firing on all cylinders and / or the motor mounts are worn out. It might be able to be fixed for not a lot of money so if you can't diagnose it yourself, either tow it to a shop or have a mobile mechanic come look at it. It's worth a try unless you know the engine is damaged. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.