Hi I’m 21 years old is my hairline receding or maturing?  ?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There is no such thing as a hairline 'maturing'. You're in the early stages of male pattern baldness. As it's started so early, it's likely that you will have no hair on top by your mid-thirties.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I've always thought it was sexy if you continue cutting your hair short like normal. Long hair is never okay on men and being long and straggly does not make it magically better somehow, it's never okay long. Don't do that creepy comb over thing with lengths of weird long hair straggles that get loose and start to flop if you do anything from being in the wind, riding in a convertible, swimming, showering, and even making out, like suddenly there's this weird handful of long stringy hair, ew. Just keep being manly with a nice military buzz cut and it can recede gradually til it disappears and keep working out that buff manly body. Woof woof!

• Entity
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It looks to be thinning a bit. It is hereditary.

• 2 months ago

the reality of life is..........some men retain a full head of hair into old age...............while others,  can start balding as young as their early 20's! 

Yikes!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maturing? I've never heard of a hairline maturing. If you have noticed that your hairline is receding then it probably is receding. 

• 2 months ago

Some men carry the gene and start balding in their early 20s. If you have a father who's hair was balding at a young age, you'll probably start balding at a young age too.

But it doesn't look like your hair is receding at all.

• 2 months ago

Dude...if you are 21 and worried about this nonsense...you have FAR bigger problems than "hair loss". ROFL.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.