Hi I’m 21 years old is my hairline receding or maturing?  ?

There is no such thing as a hairline 'maturing'. You're in the early stages of male pattern baldness. As it's started so early, it's likely that you will have no hair on top by your mid-thirties.

I've always thought it was sexy if you continue cutting your hair short like normal. Long hair is never okay on men and being long and straggly does not make it magically better somehow, it's never okay long. Don't do that creepy comb over thing with lengths of weird long hair straggles that get loose and start to flop if you do anything from being in the wind, riding in a convertible, swimming, showering, and even making out, like suddenly there's this weird handful of long stringy hair, ew. Just keep being manly with a nice military buzz cut and it can recede gradually til it disappears and keep working out that buff manly body. Woof woof!

• Entity

It looks to be thinning a bit. It is hereditary.

the reality of life is..........some men retain a full head of hair into old age...............while others,  can start balding as young as their early 20's! 

Yikes!

• Jill

Maturing? I've never heard of a hairline maturing. If you have noticed that your hairline is receding then it probably is receding. 

Some men carry the gene and start balding in their early 20s. If you have a father who's hair was balding at a young age, you'll probably start balding at a young age too.

But it doesn't look like your hair is receding at all.

Dude...if you are 21 and worried about this nonsense...you have FAR bigger problems than "hair loss". ROFL.