Why do women love being a widow? ?

My grandmother has been widowed twice. The first husband died 40 years ago and the second 15 years ago.

She usually she at least always know where her husbands are at night. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • RP
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Good for her. Many feel lonely, but there are always exceptions and it appears your grandma is one.

• 4 weeks ago

I doubt she 'loves' being a widow; she just is. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I don't know about loving it. But while a divorce leaves you with 50% of what's left at best and usually (for most people) a significantly lower quality of life because gray divorces don't give you time to rebuild.  If they die, you get 100% of what's left and don't have to pick up anyone's socks off the floor or clean their dishes or cook for them or compromise on where to eat or when. Also if they still have life insurance, it's more than 100%.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No one likes being a widow.  That being said Granny has had two successful marriages.  The vow is to be married until death do us part.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Women don’t love being widows stop generalizing women into a single category only because your grandmother has been widowed twice.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.