Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that they will never be rich?

Some people refuse to accept the fact that they don't have the talent, intelligence, work ethic, or the opportunity to become a multi-millionaire.

Because they dont know that money doesnt make anyone automatically happy. And that they might die sooner than they thought and they will not take anything to the grave with them so maybe its better to concentrate on the more important things. 

Define rich and you should answer your own question.

Why is it so hard for people to realize that being rich isn't the end-all and be-all that will cure the ills of the world.  Did you see Mariah Carey's interview about how when she got money, even her own family started treating her like an ATM machine with a wig?  "Rich" has multiple meanings.  Given how so many folks immediately hold out their hands for more money if they think you have some, I'm content being simply "comfortable."  Not wealthy.  But my grandkids love me, my wife loves me, and nobody is shooting at each other on our street.

• Zirp

Yeah, and some people won't accept the fact that in capitalism, the deck is stacked against those who aren't rich already.

Several multimillionnaires clearly did not get there by being talented, intelligent or by working hard. They got there by screwing people over, and/or by luck

To begin with, who is to say they won't win Lotto? Many people do indeed become 'millionaires'. 'Hard to accept they won't be millionaires'? So you would encourage that they drop all hope and faith? Sometimes it's their hope/dreams that keep them going. The bottom line? What's it to you? They're not hurting you . . .   

The true meaning of human life is.... Self Realization. Love /hate, Good/evil, happiness/sorrow, positive/ negative, virtue/sin, soul/ body, heaven /hell.. are the creations of God.... So, by pure faith in God we can understand our eternal nature... which relates to our soul as our soul is the Part and Parcel of.... Supreme Soul...."God" ... Actually, we are spiritual souls but we are in human body. We are from the spiritual world. God has sent us on the earth...only for self realization.. as our souls are not as pure as, they have to be... So, God has given us human life where our body feels happiness as well as suffers pain. Therefore, we souls are here... to achieve... the level of purity and to become pure soul.... we should make an effort to understand the deeper meaning of unconditional love for all living beings.... in every situation... 

Moreover, the eternal nature of our soul is to Love God...

I could have but I took it easy.

I know I never will any more.

I'm retired.