Are women are as intelligent as men?

My internet lagged out but here is what I said. You might need glasses. I spent my time on it so I am not letting this huge post go to waste

Well, I'm a Mensa member with a 172 IQ. But I've met men with a higher IQ.

Yes they are.   

• amy

Yes. Typically for women their iq sits around average. Men typically sit at the ends. So while yes there male geniuses 

That are smarter then women but there are men with a low iq that are dumber then women. When you add the two ends together to find the median its an average iq like women. So yes but for different reasons.

Of course, sometimes even more so.

Studies show that women have a higher average IQ and significantly lower standard deviation scores (same with SAT scores).  That means that men tend to have more geniuses and complete blithering idiots, but women are the most well-rounded.

• Zirp

they have more bandwidth between brainparts, and often a different outlook.

"Are women are as intelligent as men?"

On average, yes.  The data shows that female intelligence is in the middle though while male intelligence is at the extremes.  This is why men (and boys) are often thought to be "stupid", while the most intelligent minds are also male.  Because both of those extremes are true for males.

.

• ?

Psychologists have analyzed this and figure men are smarter in school, except for the grammar school aged children.  They base this on girls being larger than boys at that age.  However, even if that's true, it's obvious that later in life, as adults, marriages work best when men defer to the superior intelligence of women, usually, but not for crazy women.

• Rick

yep, but just in different areas ......................................