What can I do if my computer shows unidentified network?

Can someone help me out, around 3/4 of the time when I am using my computer with ethernet, the internet will barely work for google and will be very slow and apps on my computer which require internet such as spotify or steam won't work at all, I would look at my internet connection and it would say "unidentified network". The other 1/4 times it is working perfectly fine and will just say the name of the network connection I use. I have used network troubleshooter which most of the time fixes the issue, although, when I turn my computer off and then back on, the original issue is still there. I have updated drivers using control manager and I have turned my router off and on and that did not work as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

When I use troubleshooting it says that "the default gateway is not available".

Causes of the Unidentified Network error

In this day and age, we use the internet on a daily basis. Whether you're looking up a recipe to cook for the family, or utilizing the endless amount of entertainment online, you need a stable internet connection. Issues related to this connection, such as the Unidentified Network error can come from a variety of sources.

The first step in fixing any error is identifying the correct cause. Some of the most common reasons for the Unidentified Network error are the following:

Windows Update. While Windows 10’s automatic updates are delightful and easy to apply, there’s a possibility of something going wrong during the update process. New updates may modify key system files, which cause the Unidentified Network error to occur.

Incorrect IP configuration. Networks are able to identify your computer by using its unique IP address. If this address is poorly configured, it can lead to a number of issues with connecting to a network and the internet.

Your network card driver. It’s important that you keep your drivers up to date. If your network card driver is old or corrupted, it’s most likely the cause of the Unidentified Network error.

Network settings. Similarly to your IP address, your network settings play a huge role in allowing you to connect to a network and the internet. Incorrect settings will prevent you from making a connection.

Third-party apps. Windows 10 users have reported that various third-party applications, such as antivirus solutions, prevent them from connecting to networks.

If any of the above causes seem to have anything to do with the Unidentified Network error on your device, continue reading the next section.

Read more...........

• keerok