Does anybody use a desktop anymore?

Most people I see use a laptop or phone. 

• 1 week ago

because your pals are using phones and laptops doesn't mean the rest of the world are too. Of course desktops are being used.  Laptops or phones can't compare to a desktop PC as the desktop can be upgraded or expanded with new components. The best you'll get to upgrade on a laptop is memory if you're lucky.

well all the internet runs of servers , and there desktops , arent they .....

• Erik

I own 2, both of which I have built and re-built myself. Desktops make great home servers for movies and storage, are more easily expandable and upgradable with new and better hardware, and can run cooler due to their size - which means they can run faster if you can keep them cool enough. 

Built my own about 8 years ago, from shopping for some of the best parts around and its going strong still, and yes I still use it.

• garry

well all the internet runs of servers , and there desktops , arent they .

yes, i amusing a desktop now ... i like my 27 inch screen -- lots easier to read

• keerok

Just because you don't see anyone using it doesn't mean no one is actually using it anymore. You're just not looking in the right places. 

Of course, but when YOU are a bit more mature, and have more understanding, you'll know why.  (I'm using a Desktop computer to respond to YOUR immature question.)

YES, We are using yet.

I prefer a 27" screen monitor than a 6" screen phone