Issue with unidentified network?

Can someone help me out, around 3/4 of the time when I am using my computer with ethernet, the internet will barely work for google and will be very slow and apps on my computer which require internet such as spotify or steam won't work at all, I would look at my internet connection and it would say "unidentified network". The other 1/4 times it is working perfectly fine and will just say the name of the network connection I use. I have used network troubleshooter which most of the time fixes the issue, although, when I turn my computer off and then back on, the original issue is still there. I have updated drivers using control manager and I have turned my router off and on and that did not work as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Since this is an Ethernet connection, the first thing to check for would be a damaged Ethernet cable. A break or short in the connection would explain the slower speeds and connection failures.