Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Why do people think dogs are more intelligent than cats? ?

Less domesticated does not = less intelligent

Submissive does not = intelligent

Size does not = intelligence 

They've never lived with a cat.

Cats are more subtle; they read your face, they communicate in verbal and non-verbal ways. THEY understand you. If you don't understand them, that's on you.

Cats are NOT submissive. If they like you, they show it. They'll groom you, show concern if you're sick, and bring you dead animals because they know you're such a pathetic hunter. If they don't like you, they only deign to manipulate you when they want or need something (like food)

If you've ever watched a cat hunt, you quickly realize how intelligent they are. And yes, cats do sometimes cooperate in the hunt and the play that comes after.

I think a lot of people underestimate them because they can't believe something so soft , warm and comforting can also be so serious, intelligent, and deadly as a natural part of their lives.

I'm not putting dogs down. They're a different animal and I Iike them too.

• Anna
    1 week ago

I agree, but dog owners are often ignorant and can't accept how thick their beloved pest is and how cats are way smarter just because their pest bows down to them.

My cat is a indoor and outdoor pet. She is potty trained to go outside and spends a lot of time out there. Whenever I come home from work at night she runs and jumps on the porch railing and will smack me with her paw as I pass her. So it's cool she greets me but usually she opts to stay outside

Dogs are very cooperative and like to do tricks. They are smart but, cats understand you, they just do not want to cooperate or be dominated. Cats do what they want.

I didn't look far into it but it seems dogs are actually smarter but who cares. I don't choose pets based of their intelligence. Smarter does not mean a better pet. Any domesticated animal can make a good pet. It just depends on what the person is looking for in a pet. 

I'm pretty sure cats and dogs are equal when it comes to intelligence.

Science has already proven that dogs are far more intelligent.

Independence doesnt equal intelligence either.

Dogs have twice the number of neurons that cats have.   They are indeed smarter than cats

Neurons = intelligence.

Awww. All the butthurt wittle cat owners hit thumbs down.

Your OPINIONS arent facts.   Science has PROVEN that dogs are smarter, whether you like it or not.

• .

Dogs might be slightly less dumb than cats.  

Dogs give the impression that they know what you're on about and what your aim is.  

Cats might understand a little, but they are still dumb and/or "contrarian".   

They just want food, like wild animals.   

Horses, conversely, look intelligent, but you have to remember that they really don't understand; you have to tie them up or they will run away.