Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 weeks ago

Would a kid called MABEL be bullied for having this name?

She will be the only Mabel in a class full of Chloes and Evies.

• 1 week ago

Honestly, I have only ever heard of kids with ethnic names getting teased for their name. Never have I heard of a child with a european name getting bullied for it.

Regardless, the name doesnt determine whether or not a child will be bullied.

Yes.  It's harsh sounding and ugly.

However, ANY name can get teased.

No, the name Mabel is adorable

I think Mabel is cute! And I am 23 so still young but of course not elementary or high school aged! But Honestly and one with any name an get bullied a girl named Caitlin got bullied and committed suicide, so the point is that even a common name can! Good luck!

No, that's not particularly likely.

Lol I would NOT bank on her always being the only Mabel... I honestly find this name trendy right now and more popular than you might have noticed. She may or may not get bullied. I personally wouldn't use this name though. I don't like it at all.

Well it is an ugly name

i would hope not

• Jill

Maybe. But then being named Chloe or Evie won't guarantee she won't get bullied.