Can you see a line? About 8 or 9 dpo ?

I'm 1 week away from my period and past few days around 6/7 dpo I've had some pink cm (sorry tmi) which is very unusual for me 1 week away from when my periods due I only ever get pink cm a day or so prior to AF, anyway I decided to take this test tonight but I only have the lighting in the house as its dark outside and I just couldn't really tell if could see something so I took pics (within the first 5 mins of taking it) edidted them to see it better but what I want to know is can you see something there? Thanks in advance x

No line, if there's a line, you won't need special filters to see it. 

• helene

There is no line, not even with all the camera tricks.

And it's really too early to test.

If you have to take a photo and manipulate the lighting - then  you are not seeing an actual line.  The lighting in the house should have been adequate for seeing the test unless you have the worst indoor lighting ever.

Taking a test in the evening is a bad idea unless you sleep all day.  The first pee of the day usually has the highest concentration of pregnancy hormones.  Once you have been up for a while, you drink and pee and dilute the hormones in the urine.  When you sleep, you go for several hours without peeing or drinking and the hormones have a chance to build up in the urine.

Wait a few days and test again.  This test is negative, but that doesn't mean "not pregnant" at this point - right now it just means that it is too soon to be sure that the test is accurate or not.  It would be best to wait until your period is actually late.

BTW - if you think this spotting you seen (pink cm) might have been because of implantation bleeding - it would be at least four to five days after seeing implantation bleeding before a positive test would happen.  When you think you might be seeing implantation bleeding, the egg has just implanted and the hormones have not started increasing yet.  It would take a few more days to get hormone levels high enough to show up on a test.

But, spotting or colored cm can happen at any time for many reasons - even if you have never had it before - it doesn't mean it can't or won't happen at any time.  It is not a guarantee of pregnancy.  It is also not a guarantee of not pregnant.  Wait and test again when your period is late.