Can U Make a Chili with some Shredded Carrots?

I want t make a meat (ground hamberger) chili want to know if shreded or palsted carots wout also taste good in it. So far I have chopped garlic and red onion thant I'm going to puree a bit. 

Any halp would be nice :}... Thank you

It wouldn't be common but you can add them if you want.

sure ill eat it

• kswck2

There is no one particular kind of chili. So the other posters are incorrect, apparently they have never heard of a Vegetable Chili. 

Chili does Not Have to have meat in it. 

But even with meat, carrots are fine. It is a common ingredient. 

Carrots are very sweet.  You sure you want sugary chili?

No. Carrots dont go in chili. 

Carrots are not usual in chili recipes. I have a recipe that I make a couple of times a month, and it is tailored to my taste. Made it yesterday for lunch today. I sauteed a pound of coarse ground pork and beef, then deglazed with a pound of sweet onion (3/8" dice) and four or five smashed cloves of garlic, then added a half cup of chili-o seasoning and a generous tablespoon of ground cumin. Two cans of diced tomatoes and one of sliced stewed tomatoes came next, then a Tablespoon of beef base. Then I rinse out the tomato cans with half a cup of merlot. After final assembly, I let this simmer on the stove for half an hour, then chill overnight. But that's just my taste.

• denise

Carrots would be fine in it,  you could also add chopped bell pepper, and of course plenty of tomatoes [canned and fresh].

• Goerge

Your parents made an idiot so of course someone could also make whatever they want as well. 

• CB

Yes, I have included diced carrots, celery, olives, zucchini, etc and cooked until soft with good results, you won't even know shredded carrots are there once they are cooked down. 

• I always throw in some shredded carrots in my chilli, one way to get my kids to eat veg.  I fry some onion and chillies in oil, throw in the ground beef, once browned then I put in my garlic (so it doesn't burn) and shredded carrots.  For spices I use paprika, majoram and coriander.