Anon asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Does anyone know what this is? This started developing last week and I think it’s gotten bigger. Only bleeding bc he scratches it. ?

I just wanted to see if anyone knew what it was before I spend all kinds of money at the vet. I’ve tried putting this spray medicine on it but i don’t know if it’s working or not. Does anyone know what it might be? He’s not sick or anything, no throwing up no diarrhea, no upset stomach, just scratching it. He’s still playing and active and acting completely normal. He’s also 4 months old. Maybe eczema?

I would put some hydrogen peroxide on it every few hours. That should clean the wound and halt infections.

• Judy

It might have been bitten by another cat.  The wound looks swollen and infected.  Stop using the spray because it could damage the cat's eye.  Please take it to a vet to prevent life threatening infection.

• Raven

It could be ringworm. You must see a vet to find out, they'll do a culture.

• Maxi

Only the vet can tell you and it is pointless 'treating' something when you have no clue about what it is or the treatment required......... it could be a trauma, it could be mites it could be a tumour........so spraying OTC or human medication on it won't help at all