I have a 3.48 lb Pork Shoulder Roast (boneless).  Have never made one and afraid to try without some assistance.  Thank you?

have you considered googling how to cook pork shoulder roast?? I just did and there aere dozens of recipes, videos, advice, etc. the one thing you need to know is that its a fatty tough cut of meat that needs slow long moist cooking, as in many hours..for best results. that just is the nature of the beast.

I like doing it in the oven so it is easier to drain off the fat.  And towards the end I can crank up the heat and get a nice crisp on the meat. The inside part remains soft and tender the outside gets a bit crisp. When you shred the meat everyone gets some of both. 

If you are going to add a sauce leave that for the last few minutes so it does not burn. (I am talking like a BBQ sauce)

When in doubt, put it in a crock pot in the morning and let it cook all day. Slice up some potatoes, onios, and carrots to add to the mess.  Add whatever spices you like.

• denise

There will be lots of recipes on Google.

• Goerge

There's this thing called the internet and it allows the user to search recipes. That just MIGHT assist you but of course the internet was only created yesterday. 

• CB

One of the best (albeit needs some different spices and citrus and banana leaves) but it comes out awesome and great on tacos, or wrapped in enchiladas, over rice, and TON's of flavor.

Well I guess at least twodouche bags have no clue how to cook or follow a recipe that makes an amazing pork product.

Puerco Pibil—Once Upon A Time in Mexico Style

Hardware:

Coffee grinder

Large Baking dish or Roasting Pan

Zip-lock bag

Blender

Banana leaves (optional)

Software:

5 tbs Annato Seed (note)

2 tsp Cummin Seed

1 tbs Peppercorn

1/2 tsp Cloves

8 whole Allspice

2 tbs salt

8 cloves garlic

1-3 habanero chiles (note)

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 cup white vinegar

5 lemons

Splash of the finest tequila you can find (note)

5 lbs of Pork Butt

Preparation:

Using the coffee ginder, grind Annato, Cumin Seed, Cloves, Allspice, and Peppercorns into a fine powder.

Remove seeds and inner membrane from habanero.

Add vinegar, orange juice, habanero, salt, garlic, and spice powder to blender. Blend on high for 30-60 seconds.

Add juice of five lemons and Tequila and blend for another 30-60 seconds. Congratulations, you've just made achiote paste.

Cut pork into 2 inch cubes and place in a large ziplock bag; pour achiote paste over pork. Seal bag and mush bag around to spread the paste over the pork. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.

Cooking:

Line the baking pan with banana leaves (or foil if you don't have leaves).

Pour pork and achiote paste into pan.

Cover with more banana leaves and then foil. Crimp foil around pan to make sure steam doesn't escape.

Bake in the oven at 325° F for 4 hours.

And bam, a dish so good you might just get whacked for making it.

Serving Suggestions:

This dish is very strong in flavor, and some people might want to dilute it a bit. Ideal candidates are white rice and pico de gallo. Shred the pork and mix into or serve on top of white rice and pico.

Notes:

Annato seed (also called achiote) is often available in grocery stores in small plastic packets (Badia brand in Florida). A one ounce packet holds about 2.5 tbs, so two packets should do the trick.

Habanero is the hottest chile in the world, so you might want to "wimp it down a bit." Here are some tips: 1) use less habanero or even a half or quarter of one; instead of blending the habanero, just slice into strips and place them whole in the ziplock bag; make sure you don't get the seeds or membrane into the dish. Don't pick your nose or touch your eyes or contacts for two days after handling the inside of Habanero (or just wear gloves while cutting it).

It doesn't really matter what kind of Tequila you use as long as it's real Tequila. This means it should say 100% agave, and no Cuervo Gold or any other "gold" Tequila. For me a "splash" means a 1/4 cup.

For you Alton Brown fans, the achiote paste is technically a marinade, so it will not really tenderize or penetrate the meat. You don't need to let it soak for long periods of time, although I usually make it the night before I cook it for convenience.

The slow moist cooking over low heat, however, will tenderize the pork. The pork will be very tender and is easily "pulled."

I have also made this recipe with rib end roast instead of pork butt with excellent results. Cut the meat off the bone, but leave at least some of the bone in the mixture for added flavor.

I would season it with salt, pepper, dry rub, sear the outside and put it in my pressure cooker (Instant Pot) with about 1/2 cup of liquid for about 50-60 minutes.

Alternatively I would season, sear and put it in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours.

If you don't have a slow cooker you can use your oven.   Put the roast in one of those plastic turkey bags, tie it shut, put it on a roasting pan and roast at 225F for 8-10 hours.

If you are feeling really lazy, you don't have to brown or season it.   You'll still get delicious fall-apart pork.  You can then do whatever you want with it...put BBQ sauce on it, put it in tacos, enchiladas, make tamales...or make a jus with the juice and make pork dip sandwiches or make gravy with the juice...

Do not be intimidated by a pork butt.  These are easy to cook.  

Some people do dry roast them in the oven to get a nice crust on them or put them in a smoker, but that's a bit trickier to do correctly on your first try.

William's got the right idea, but sorry, he's off on the time.   You can't pressure cook a 3.5 lb pork roast in 30 minutes.     Even boneless country style pork ribs take 40 minutes.

To help you I would know what your plans are...like in how you plan to serve it:  Smoked on a smoker, broiled in the oven, etc.

I will help in this way...go to YouTube and watch some videos on the different ways to cook them.

FWIW, I made fantastic Carnitas and Pulled Pork in an Instant Pot.  3.5# cooks up in about 30-35 minutes.

Allrecipes.com 

or cooks.com

will give you many ideas.

I would use a slow cooker, or 

Make several cuts and rub in brown sugar.

Tightly wrap in foil, place in pan because it will still leak and bake for 5 hours