Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

How come Jews and muslims don't eat pork, but Christians do?

77 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

jews don't eat pork as a pig has a divided hoof which God forbids to eat. Muslims don't eat pork becasue they ripped off the christian bible. Christians eat pork because in the new testament it says not to criticise somebody to eat what they want to eat.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Saul of Tarsus murdered 120 disciples and answered to the damascene Exilarch who swiftly established the False Church which Jesus predicted. Saul of Tarsus murdered Jesus's actual followers and, serving Satan, he became the False Apostle Paul and suppressed two TRUE teachings of Jesus. His followers removed the Gospel of the Ebionites Panarion by Epiphanius of Salamis from the Bible and murdered the Albigens who followed the TRUE teaching against the "feasts of blood". The other true teaching was preserved by the Carpocrations until the followers of Paul murdered them all and could remove those verses from the Bible. The False Church tortured and burned alive millions of people. 

Source(s): Church Histórical
  • 3 weeks ago

Because of the Vision Of The Sheet in Acts.  It's a moot point though, because by eating any kind of meat in today's globalised world and industrialised agriculture, you're taking food out of the mouths of the poor and damaging the creation, so Christians shouldn't eat it either.

• 3 weeks ago

Oi... :)  go easy on "but Christians do"...  I am a Christian and I do not eat pork...  Why do Jews and Musims refuse to eat pork ?   Because pork goes bad very easily and if eaten you're doomed !  People who originated from tribes of the desert long,. long ago like Muslims and Jews opted to remove pork from their menus because of that. There was no refrigeration hundreds of thousands of years ago.  That is the reason why pork meat is looked at as bad.  It's nothing religious -- I search the answer and this is what I found out.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

The New Testament relies heavily on the idea that the man that claimed to be Jesus Christ is the Messiah - and Paul (among others) clarified things... such as what is "clean" and "unclean" whereas Jews still believe the Messiah has not arrived yet and that Jesus was not the one... and Muslims believe (I think) that a man that claimed to be him was actually here - but not the one also.

One thing that is really important is to avoid the idea that The United States of America is a "Christian" nation.

God's Kingdom is not ran by a human, no matter how (and especially not) arrogant, and toting scary weapons and calling oneself "proud" goes against the 'put down your sword' admonition. 

• Rick
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

the rule to NOT eat pork is because it can have a parasite in it that can live IF it is not thoroughly cooked, common in older days.  Now, with stoves and microwaves, that isn't important anymore.  So it's now just a tradition, but not a Christian tradition ...........

• Paul
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because Jesus Christ rejected many of the needless restrictions and requirements of Old Testament Judaism. When questioned about this subject, Jesus said, He "It is not what goes into a person that makes them unclean, but what comes out of them". In other words, there are no restrictions on what we eat.

• 3 weeks ago

For the Jews and Muslims that is their choice.

The Christian is not forbidden from eating pork.

• 3 weeks ago

Why do Chinese people eat bats ?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Jews and Muslims Follow the word of God.

Christians just want to Sin.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.