A man from another state wants to meet me, should I?

He is a stranger... I have never met him before. He is from Maryland. What do I do if he leaves me somewhere after he is done with me and I can't get home? Hitch another ride with someone?

How have you been communicating? Via what circumstances? You haven’t made things like that clear in your post here. Also, why does he say he wants to meet you? Have you been building up on the thought of a real relationship or a one night stand? I would be leary. Internet is a bad choice for dating options. I’ve seen all sorts of crazy things while observing people who do use it for that. I had a salt-of-the-earth, life long friend leave her husband of so many wonderful and faithful years, for some slimeball she got close to, on the internet, and he was just using her to cheat on his wife behind the scenes. He had never intended to leave his wife. She would have never fallen for such a man and his gimmicks, prior to the relationship she began to develop on the internet, and it caused so much failure to her own life for having done that, and it was just real hard to see that all happen to her, knowing that otherwise under the circumstances of using her own ability to see things like that in person, she never would have done that. I’m not a fan of that category of dating. I’d be very cautious. I’d not do it. There is a huge difference between meeting someone who is well known by others that you personally know and trust and meeting someone you have never met and have no reason to trust. I am posting the link to a great, free article on internet dating. Hope that you find the article helpful and hope you make a wise sound choice in your life.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1020053...

(1) Meet in a public place, not your apartment or home.

(2) Have an exit strategy BEFORE you meet. In other words, limit the meeting to one hour--and make sure you have transportation arranged prior to the meeting. (3) Stick to your plan!! Don't let him talk you out of it, don't get into a car or taxi with him, don't GO anywhere with him at all--just have coffee or a soda somewhere, and make sure you are fully visible to everyone in the place--and STAY ALERT. Don't leave your handbag or wallet anywhere you aren't in complete control of it. Put your driver's license or credit cards/debit cards somewhere OTHER than in your purse--like an inner pocket in your clothing, or better yet, take a small amount of cash with you and leave all these at home (except the ID). (4) pay for your own meal, or coffee or soda--don't  let him do it. You don't want to be obligated. (5) Listen to your GUT. If you don't trust him for ANY reason, then leave. Just tell him you don't think this will work out, and GO. Get into your cab or car, or bus or whatever, and don't look back. You don't OWE him anything, and you don't have to be polite. Just leave. If it doesn't feel right, it probably ISN'T right. (6) Don't give him ANY personal information about where you live, or how much money you have or make, or any of the ways he could contact you.  Keep it completely impersonal until you know you can trust him. TELL MORE THAN ONE PERSON WHERE YOU ARE GOING, WHEN YOU WILL BE HOME AND WHO YOU ARE MEETING.  Don't go off without doing this. Make sure you are 'traceable'. Make sure someone else knows what you are up to. Stay safe!!

My boss' sister-in-law met a guy online, brought him to her flat, and he made off with her laptop and other belongings whilst she went to use the loo - and she was lucky it was just that. 

It is a pretty dark world out there.

You gotta be super-super careful if you decide to move ahead with the idea.

• Rick

Meet at a VERY public place, and having some friends along won't hurt either.  AND DON'T tell him where you live !!   I once YELLED at a blind date who wanted me to pick her up at her house !!!

Yes have him come to you especially if you are a woman. Also be weary of guys from Maryland they are pretty psycho.

• Alan H

Tell him that if he really wants to meet up, HE should come to YOU 

• rick60

hello hey, if you meet him, make sure your in a public place

They will definitely kidnap you. I'd leave the guy on a blocked list. 

Let me guess, you're from Philly and he's from Baltimore? The folks here in Baltimore are famous for being friendly. I think the only other city that is more friendly is either Flint, Michigan or Chicago. So yeah, come on down, what could possibly go wrong?

• Sassy

If you do meet him...meet him in a public place and bring a friend with you