Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

How much time with sibling is normal?

My sibling is 40 years she has no goals no direction in life & just wants to sit down and drink all day she does have a job. She demands I do the same with her but I cannot, I have goals for college, gym, friends, etc. I don’t mind seeing my siblings every couple months. She gets offended easily and gets bitter when I have things to do why? 

• Carmen

Everyone has free will use it accordingly to your circumstances to determine how much time to spend with siblings because everyone life is different including their goals. We all need and want to be upbuilt not torn down but it’s up to us individually what path we will take in life. Hopefully your sister will get more motivated to do more in her life if that’s her choice. All you can do is stay motivated follow your goals and dreams and try to be as supportive patient loving and peaceable as you can with your siblings and keep setting a good example. People who don’t have as much zeal or purpose in life might get offended quickly because they know they can and want to do more or better they just might need a push or nudge at times. Pray for your sister and that you keep a calm heart and your peace of mind. 

as much time as you want to spend with them

• T J

Id not put up with her at all, id cut all ties to her. I have done it to my 3 sisters over the past 16 years, I do not miss them, nor think about them.

She needs a drinking buddy. Just live your life and try not to worry about her attitude. If you didn't have the same parents, she isn't even someone you'd consider having in your life. Tolerate her as much or as little as you want, but at the end of the day, pursue the things that make you happy.

• keerok

Get her an easy job or a nice boyfriend.