Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 3 weeks ago

have u tried vegan meat and how does it taste?

I actually have vegan chicken nuggets in the freezer and they fool anyone who eats them. They are great. I have also had the A&W beyond meat burger and I love it, but I have never had any beyond meat products from the store as it is really expensive. 

Quorn, is the only brand that doesn't taste bad. Boca and the others have a very artificial taste.

I simply like the taste of real meat  and the fat also adds flavor. I know they're working on meat from tissue grown in a lab, so there's no killing a whole cow or a whole pig with this.

Most vegan I know stay away from this. Vegan meats are full of chemicals and often without fat leaves them hungry.

Source(s): Save the planet and have better health by eating less meat and much less sugar.

fake, plastic taste or soy taste. also have you checked the back and see whats in them? tons of chemicals! nothing sustainable for the planet or for our health! I thought vegans were for the planet, yet their food is all in plastic, imported from 3rd world counties, made from child labor, stolen from indigenous people, plus pest animals dying in the process. just eat meat and shop locally. simple. you save more animals and ACTUALLY save the planet this way. Its took me 10 years of being a vegan to fully understand this now. 

I've fried the 'quorn' products and I enjoyed them

I tried tofu and it STINKS. I don't know if it was just the restaurant that made it smell like that, but I couldn't have it again. The texture biting into it also made me feel sick. I don't think I could, even if I wanted to cut down my meat consumption to 3 times a week at most.

• denise

I've fried the 'quorn' products and I enjoyed them.

• JOHN B

Yes. It tastes good with a little toasty bran smell and taste. If it were the same price as beef I would buy it.

When BK had it @ the same price as the "Hooper" I preferred the Impossible.

No, I've never tried vegan "meat". I wouldn't want to.

I prefer to eat real meat, not fake meats. I'm not against eating vegetables. But I'm against any agenda that claims that "eating meat is bad/evil/murder". Especially since vegans promote both sodomy (another word for homosexuality) and abortion. It's another example of calling evil good and good evil.

It tastes like a contradiction.

Also, vegan "meats" are often so full of chemicals, preservatives and additives that youd be better off to JUST EAT MEAT LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN.

For the life of me I don't understand why anyone makes a vegetable product that is supposed to taste like meat. Why not just let the patty stand on its own?

There was a fast food place in West Los Angeles called "Good Stuff Burger" that specialized in vegetarian burgers. (They may have closed during the pandemic) The burgers there were delicious to me and I'm a HUGE meat eating fan. The burgers didn't taste like meat. They tasted like delicious vegetables.

All you veggie-heads need to stop with the "it tastes just like meat" crap. People who like meat are NEVER going to switch by being fooled into liking a substitute. If a vegetable dish tastes good, people will eat it, and keep eating it. Period.