Should I be proud to be a human being?

Sometimes I forget what it means to be a human as an individual when so caught up in collective thinking and life. There is 7 billion us on earth and to our current knowledge and based on my Christian belief we are the only creatures of our kind in the incredibly enormous universe. Yes it feels special to be part of that 7 billion but what makes me unique as an individual human being. I haven't really achieved anything besides small personal goals every now and then. So what am I to be proud of as a human being/Christian.

Pride denotes self-accomplishment, but you had nothing to do with being here, and no right to feel proud about it.

Jeremiah 9:23-24 KJV — Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

You are blessed to be here. What you do with that blessing is up to you.

Why should you? It's just a fact that you're human.

You should be grateful to be a human. But as you are (like the rest of us) a sinful human being, you cannot be proud of yourself. Given that God created us in His image and likeness, you should concentrate on how to be a human who reflects something of God's glory, and live to give Him all the glory.

Yes , God says , " We have created the humans in its best form" ' So we shall be proud of it and do good deeds

I used to feel the same way of not seeing myself as anything special. You feel desperate to validate your worth, to an extent of trying too hard to impress others so they would think highly of you. There's something comforting in the thinking that you're not special, too. You feel light because you don't have the pressure to please on impress anyone. But if you truly want to have pride, realize that you're the only unique version of you that exists. As individuals, we are different, this makes each of us special in that regard. Collectively, as a species, or humans, we are the same, which makes us equal. This means nobody life is worth more than another person's life. Our value is the same. The president's worth is not higher than a baby born today. 

You should be ashamed of being a christian. 

• Carmen

It isn't really an achievement. It's not like if you failed at becoming human, you would have been born a sea lion or a muskrat or something. 

I mean, don't be ashamed of your species, but I don't think "being proud to be human" is really very meaningful. That's like being proud to have been born right handed, or being proud to have been born with 10 fingers.