Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

I'm very clingy to my boyfriend?

I'm 20 years old and my boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months. I have dated many guys in the past but I have never felt this way with any other guy. I know that in my heart I am deeply in love with him and because of this I want to be as close as possible to him. I lost my virginity to him and ever since then I have had an overwhelming feeling of wanting to constantly be with him.

There was one time where I cried because I hadn't seen him in over two days and when I told him about it he acted like I was pathetic and ridiculous. Whenever we are together I always want to cuddle with him and have some physical contact with him in some way, but he gets annoyed by this. I kissed his face a bunch of times once when we were watching a movie and he responded by saying "can you seriously just chill the f*ck out!". It really hurt my feelings and I cried a little bit.

I want to be with him for the long haul and I couldn't imagine being with any other guy, but can someone please tell me how to make it enjoyable for him if I'm very touchy and clingy towards him?

He's the same age as me. His family is very successful and he is currently in college.

He is a very lucky guy, I would love a gf like you 

A woman not able to control her emotions is exactly like a man not able to control his sexual desire. 

Everytime u start kissing his face during a movie imagine him wanting to have sex with u. A bit of it is good but alot of it is annoying and will only push him away then you will blame him. Everything is good within reason.

You are 20. You are way too young to be seemingly abandoning your life just to be with him. Your boyfriend is in college. What are YOU doing with YOUR life besides pining for this guy like a loved-starved puppy dog? You need to get yourself together and work on YOUR OWN future. Have YOUR OWN plan. Your self esteem should not be based upon this guy wanting to hang out with you. Rather it should be based on you building your future. Get yourself right first and then pursue a relationship. You are 20. You have your own entire life ahead of you. You will also date other men, And as far as your current boyfriend, think of him as a bird that you have in the palm of your hand. While your temptation might be to close your hand fast and hard, just know that if you do that, you will squish the bird and suffocate him. Do you really want to do that? Ease up!

I would like to be clinging to you

You probably have an anxious attachment style (google it and it will match pretty much everything you described). 

Your not "in love" so much as overly attached to him. You probably also over think every thing he says to you that might be a sign he's losing interest and when your apart you run through scenarios where you think he's seeing someone else or planning to leave you or ignoring you on purpose.

Once your aware of the issue you can work on becoming more stable.

Hope he leaves you for a less clingy needy woman 

Stop it and learn to let him have his own space 

There is a fine balance between being emotionally involved and being clingy

problem arises when it encroaches personal space, making your lover cringe. A clingy gf is someone who prioritises his feelings and insecurities over his partner’s comfort, well being and mental peace. It is what it is: another kind of prison.

it is important to differentiate between being emotionally needy and overtly possessive.You don’t understand the meaning of space

I agree with Firebird seems like an asshole to me

• Alan H

Being too clingy could be counterproductive.

Take things a little steadier or you may lose what you have

Get a life away from him. Go out with friends, go to school, have hobbies, workout, etc... all things without him there. Being apart two days and crying is juvenile and truly is pathetic. It means you are dependent on him and nothing else. Your being all over him when you are together is also an issue.  If you are not careful he will break up with you and then you will be an emotional wreck. Which can lead to stalking him, saying things, causing issues and even give you thoughts of killing yourself. You are 20 years old and need a life beyond him. You need to focus on you and your education. You should also think about speaking to a counselor as well. It is not healthy for someone to feel like this at all.