Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 3 weeks ago

How do I email my teachers about missing a Zoom meeting?

Emailing my teachers always gives me anxiety, so I’m sorry if this question sounds silly.

All I have written so far is: “I couldn’t log into Zoom this morning because my Chromebook didn’t have a stable internet connection.” 

I understand you start with a greeting and end with a thank you, but I always thought that emails need to consist of some sort of question? I mean, what is there to ask? 

I’m not sure if this matters but the Zoom meetings are for high school classes, they’re rather short so new material is never taught during them. I honestly don’t understand why my teachers bother with scheduling meetings if all they’re going to do is review assignments that we already did. But yeah lol, thank you so much in advance :)

I would just email them directly just like that. I’m sure the teachers would be happy to talk to you. They deal with YOUR kids so they have a responsibility to talk with you 

No idea where you got that you have to ask a question in an email. That doesn't make any sense. But in this situation you could ask a question, like "Is there something I can do to make up what I missed during the call?" This is of course not a question you want to ask if that information is already available on a website or such

Otherwise yes, just start with Dear _________,

I'm sorry I missed class this morning. I couldn’t log into Zoom this morning because my Chromebook didn’t have a stable internet connection.

Sincerely,

__________

T

And the reason your teachers are doing the Zoom calls is because they are required to by the school/district/state.