Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 3 weeks ago

Why would my teacher change my grade for the better?

I made a 70 on my test, which pulled my average to a 90. Two days later, I checked my grade, and the test grade was a 100, my average a 99. Why did my teacher improve it? I swear, I knew nothing on that test, so why did she change it to a one-hundred?

• donnie

Who knows I wouldn’t complain 

you need to ask your teacher this question

• Edwena

It's called "the curve" and considers the difficulty of the test.   Like 70 was actually a very good grade because the test was hard and almost everyone else made less than 70.  You do realize that your grades are actually a comparison to everyone else regardless of what the grade number actually is.   There are courses and professors in college who are notoriously hard.  Like where 36 will curve up to a B in the course, and the professor does not give an A.  It is done to make you realize that the world is a lot more difficult than you think it is and you do have your limitations.