Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 3 weeks ago

Difference between dance teacher, dance instructor, and dance choreographer?

So... I taught at a summer intensive one summer, it was paid. I taught the students a part of a hip hop choreography each week.

Well?

A dance teacher and a dance instructor teach dance technique. The title is interchangeable.  A choreographer creates and teaches a dance routine usually for a performance of some kind. Choreographers generally don’t teach dance technique.

*Note: this is not to say a dance teacher/instructor can’t create choreography for the students to learn and apply the techniques learned to said choreography. 

Source(s): My daughter is a professional dancer and professional choreographer. She has never taught anyone dance technique.

No. You're not. You don't sound well at all. See a psychiatrist immediately. Two, just to make sure.

Teacher and instructor are the same thing. Choreographers don't teach people to dance, they come up with the moves.