Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 3 weeks ago

Do most teachers use their personal computers for remote teaching, or does the school provide them with computers?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

So much depends on where the teachers are. 

Country, state, city, even individual school, would make a difference.  And it would change through the years, depending on budgets, or on political initiatives.

• 3 weeks ago

I think its mixed but the schools would generally be required to provide a computer. Now those computers are generally cheap and often very old and often worse computers then what the students have to work with.

So many teachers will either buy their own to bring to school or use their own at home. Some teachers will use the equipment provided.

• donnie
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Schools provide them with computers but they are usually cheap pieces of garbage. They are usually just a step up from what the students get.  

• 3 weeks ago

Where I teach there are laptops available but I would assert the vast majority use their own equipment. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I don't know about other school districts, but at the one I work for all teachers are issued a work laptop. Based on the 2 schools I work at, the majority of teachers who teach from home use their work laptop.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.