ben asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

Can I call my dog "K9"?

can I officially name my dog "K9"? (yeah the one from doctor who)     ;)

no cause a K9 is a type of dog that police officers have to do a specific job so name it like Harvey, bailey, troy. 

• Ocimom

You can name it anything you want.  But if its for official registration papers you probably will not have it accepted.

Call your dog whatever you want. Although I'd think more people would think of Marvin the Martian's dog than they would Dr. Who. I named my pup Chu'une; the Apache word for "Dog" when I lived in Wyoming. As long as you train it properly and pick up its poop; call your pup whatever you want. just realize that you will have to explain it a LOT to people who don't get it; just like I had to for my Chu. 

You can name it "K9" but people will hear Canine.

Pretty sure "k9" cant be used on AKC registration...   But otherwise, you can name your dog whatever you want

Sure, I don't see why not.

you can call your dog whatever you want to it wont mind either way.

Affirmative master.

• *****

You can call your dog whatever you want to call your dog. But no one is going to associate that with Doctor Who, if that's what you're after. K9 is a common abbreviation of the word canine, and used in many contexts.

Sounds cool to me