Anonymous

Can I have some girl advice?

I am a 22 year old guy and there is this waitress at a restaurant I frequent. I wouldn’t think about this because I feel like they are just doing their job, but if I haven’t been in for awhile, she will always ask where I have been. One time I was in there I said that I had been working a lot and then she acted like she was leaving the tanks and said, “wait... where do you work?” And then proceeded to have a conversation about it. She also remembers small details that I have said in the past and brings them up. I know this is her job to be friendly, but I have started to develop a crush 😬 Do you think it is probably the best idea just to forget about her? 

if she is single and does not have a boyfriend, ask her out.

• Ocimom

Ask her if she is single or has a boyfriend or is married.  If she is free then ask her out on a date.

You could always leave a note with your number on the table for her. The thing with this is that if she doesn't contact you you can never go back to that restaurant. It's never fair to put someone on the spot in the place where they work. So if you find that she's not interested you can't darken the doorstep of that establishment ever again (because it would make her uncomfortable and it's not like she can just walk away from her job). 

• Jesere

Ask her what she does on her days off. Tell her you like her and would like to get to know her better. 

I don't know what happens with women today. In the 80's many of us girls asked a guy out. I had a rejection because the man was in a relationship. He was the UPS man so I saw him often, however, we had no discomfort between us. Having one say No to you is more about them not you.

If you are interested in getting to know her, why choose not to do so? Waitresses are used to being flirted with and asked out. They know how to say, "No". Sometimes though they do say, "Yes". Why count yourself out before you even know whether or not she's interested? 

It's normal to develop feelings for someone who shows interest in your life. You could casually ask her out on a date but don't be offended if she rejects you cos as you said, it's her job to be friendly and she may be like that to all her customers. 

• Iambi

Nope, give her a big tip and leave her your phone number!

• Robin

Just ask her out on a date 

I will fess-up - not a girl - but what would it hurt to ask her out for a cup of coffee? She says no and you have complimented her and no worse off than you would have been if you did nothing.....nothing changes. I suspect she will say yes or have a very good reason for a no and/or a rain check might be in order.