Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 weeks ago

Is marriage the most overrated thing ever?

Mgtow

No, that would be the Yankees.

Marriage is confusing, because think it's a symbol of their love - but love exists independent of marriage. Marriage is a symbol of commitment and it is when the commitment fails, that marriage fails.

When it works it's awesome. When it doesn't work it can be tragic. The trick is to know yourself, who you're getting involved with and what kind of life you both want BEFORE you pull the trigger on matrimony. Marriage certainly isn't for everyone. 

• rick

No matter HOW you rewrite it or disguise it, it's STILL a ceremony celebrating a man taking a woman, as property, for breeding purposes. The only ones that benefit are the wedding industry, greedy churches, avaricious clergy, and lawyers dedicated to divorces.

Some people enjoy a legally binding relationship from which there is only an escape called divorce. Many people do not. It ain't for everybody.

Like almost anything involving human beings, I don't believe there is a single answer. It depends on the people involved, their values, aspirations, etc. I waited until I was 38 to marry, and I've found it to be an enhancement to my life. Others seem very unhappy with the choices they made. Like I said, it depends. 

Not really for men

I don't know if it's overrated. I know that it's a dated concept. It doesn't work anymore.