Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 weeks ago

Is marriage the most overrated thing ever?

Mgtow

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

No, that would be the Yankees.

Marriage is confusing, because think it's a symbol of their love - but love exists independent of marriage. Marriage is a symbol of commitment and it is when the commitment fails, that marriage fails.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

When it works it's awesome. When it doesn't work it can be tragic. The trick is to know yourself, who you're getting involved with and what kind of life you both want BEFORE you pull the trigger on matrimony. Marriage certainly isn't for everyone. 

• rick
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No matter HOW you rewrite it or disguise it, it's STILL a ceremony celebrating a man taking a woman, as property, for breeding purposes. The only ones that benefit are the wedding industry, greedy churches, avaricious clergy, and lawyers dedicated to divorces.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Some people enjoy a legally binding relationship from which there is only an escape called divorce. Many people do not. It ain't for everybody.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Like almost anything involving human beings, I don't believe there is a single answer. It depends on the people involved, their values, aspirations, etc. I waited until I was 38 to marry, and I've found it to be an enhancement to my life. Others seem very unhappy with the choices they made. Like I said, it depends. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Not really for men

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I don't know if it's overrated. I know that it's a dated concept. It doesn't work anymore. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.