My employer won’t pay me?

I’ve been with this company almost a year. Its a great job but the pay is low and I recently found another job that is better paying and has the ability to work from home. Last Wednesday I put in my 2 weeks notice. Every week we have to do a time card that my boss has to approve of to get paid. I sent it in Friday like I always do and she still has yet to approve it. I know she has checked her email because she has sent me and my work team emails since then and always responds quickly. Payday is tomorrow and I can’t afford to not get a paycheck. Should I bring it up directly or go through someone else? She didn’t seem upset when I put my 2 weeks in so I am not sure why she is doing this. 

If she does not pay you, ask your new job if you can start a week early

All companies are obligated to pay their employees per state and federal law. Should you not be paid, contact your payroll department first and then, if not paid, notify your state labor department which will act in your behalf.

I hope you got paid on your payday. If not, you could talk to your boss or to someone from HR department. Just ask if everything is fine and what are the reasons you didn't get your salary.

Go see her directly. Get your final paycheck and if you have to, threaten her with legal action if you don't get it. There's no excuse for this. 

I don't understand the normal steps/procedures or how you would know or not know if a time card was approved, so you have to look at the normal process and if that processes is hung up, you should address it with the person who stopped the process.

Speak to them -- don't send a email.  "Hey, Janice, is there a problem with my time card?  I noticed you hadn't approved it yet."

As others have noted,  until you don't get paid, it may be a bit presumptuous to assume something is wrong unless your company's normal process is to inform employees that their time card is approved.  

I would just casually ask her if there is a problem. This might be nothing or it might be a major problem but don't start panicing yet. If you don't get paid, I would seriously consider not working the last week.

If she does not pay you, ask your new job if you can start a week early.

"My employer won’t pay me?"

WTF are you talking about?   Payday isn't until tomorrow.   Until then, you have nothing to complain about and what you said is a LIE. 

Procedure may be different for final paycheck. 

Sounds like BS to me.

Go in immediately and see your boss, and ask her, politely, if there was any glitch with your  time card. 

She should have your answer for you.

I think you are being a little tense for no reason.

She cannot withhold your pay simply because you are moving on.

Any problem, and go see  someone at the Labor office directly,

and have them call your boss.