Lv 7
Robin asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 3 weeks ago

What’s the name of this type of motorcycle ?

What is the name of those motorcycle fronted pick-up agricultural vehicles seen in the Far East 

5 Answers

  • 2 weeks ago

    Oh Deere. ...........

  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

    When I was overseas in the army, we just called them "Lambrettas" because most were made by them and that was the name across the back.  They were even used as taxis - not very comfortable !!!

  • 3 weeks ago

    Not just the far east.

    They used to have those in Mogadishu when I was there in 1974 ... can't go there any more ...

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    Ape (aah-pay) Italian for bee.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

    Most of them are variants of what are colloquially known as Tuk-Tuks.

    Some are home-made, others are commercially-produced by companies like Piaggio, as we even have them in the UK (not many though), and they’re fairly common in southern and eastern Europe.

    The simplest ones are even more primitive and are based upon a rugged little piece of machinery called a “mechanical donkey” a.k.a. “peasants tractor”. Unlike Tuk-Tuks, those are driven by just the front wheel which has the motor and fuel tank  mounted directly atop the wheel.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.