Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 4 weeks ago

Why teenagers with Asperger's syndrome and special needs are likely to Dropout of High School ?

Update:

Can't you see of how very depressing life would be ?

Update 2:

How does people with High Functioning Autism and some form of a learning disability  view the World ?

Update 3:

Anxiety and Depression is a number one enemy.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Typical ignorant teenybopper. I have mild Autism, and while I have endured more than my share of mistreatment and outright abuse because of it over the years, life is NOT depressing for me. I live a completely independent life, by most standards. I work full time, have a college degree, drive my own car, manage my own money, and vote and pay taxes just like anyone else. And NO, I didn't drop out of high school. Many people with mild Autism actually DO go on to college, and some of them pursue advanced degrees. I've got a distant relative who's also Autistic, and he has a PhD in engineering and works for NASA.

How do I view the world? Very differently than you do, I am sure. But that doesn't mean my way of looking at things is necessarily bad.

• 4 weeks ago

Teenagers with Asperger's syndrome and special needs are not likely to dropout of high school. No, I can't see how depressing life would be. People with high functioning autism and some form of learning disability view the world like everyone else does. Anyone can have anxiety and depression.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.