Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Is it inappropriate for my husband to be talking on the phone with his Female cousin for an hour ?

I’m trying not to be controlling but I’m becoming increasingly irritable with these long conversations with his cousin. He says him and cousin just have the same views and everything. I told him I don’t care I’m his wife his obligation is to spend free time with me. These long conversations are taking away from our quality time. We both work long hours and so Saturday’s was Sunday’s  and during lunch breaks it’s the only time. I’m upset and depressed because I want to feel close to my husband. I already made a rule no female friends I hope he’s not sneaking a female friend on the phone and disguising her as his cousin 

I don’t believe in opposite sex friends. Too much temptation if either us have problems in the marriage it’s too tempting to go to a male or female outside the marriage 

• rick60

They may not really be cousins or he likes her, if it is all the time, you have to tell him

Seems like you have had temptations with other genders as friends. This insecurity is portrayed onto your relationship and it is not healthy. Let your husband have space, or just break up with him. You seem controlling and insecure leave him. 

Leave bad enough alone if you keep this up! Please find and head immediately to a therapist to get help for your inner control freak.

Unless you have reasons to believe he is having an affair with her I wouldn't make an issue over it. quite often, cousins grow up as best friends.

no-he needs it.

Opposite sex friends do exist, I don't know what else to tell you. She's his cousin, he's not trying to cheat on you. 

Depends on what they're talking about. Spending a hour of family time just chatting with anyone is questionable. But if there's something going on in the family like an illness or the planning of someone's 50th anniversary party or something that would be different. 

I don't know anyone that would want to be around you? Scheduling what he can and cant do with his free time, whom he can be friends with, how long he can talk on the phone...jeez...Him telling you to pound sand up your backside cant be too far off with your attitude. Please come back and let us all know when he does, so we'll all know that you're back on the market, you're a real catch.

1. What is he talking to her for an hour everytime about?

2. Why don't you make it a three way conversation? Whatever he says to his cousin shouldn't be so private that he cannot disclose their topics of conversation to you!

=)

3. Tell him how it makes you feel. If he loves you and cares about you, he'll take your feelings into account and he'll find a way to make things more comfortable for you. 

4. OF COURSE you should be a more important priority than his cousin! You're his WIFE for crying out loud! =)

Good luck with that. 

Source(s): 36, Asian Filipina, Cali

You won't be married long with this attitude.  Your husband has no obligation to spend his free time with you.  Ideally your husband should want to spend his free time with you, but if you are too demanding you are actually driving him away.