Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 weeks ago

Women do you ever feel threatened as a weaker being and a easy target for attacks when surrounded by stronger beings men in this man’s world?

I do. I find it unfair and often wish I was born equally strong as men so that I could easily defend myself against rapists and attackers and that I shouldn’t have to fear to walk alone at day  or night anywhere. I hate feeling like a target all the time. Such a shame that men will never experience that vurnerable and helpless feeling.

No, I feel just fine. I don't know who you are but men are always nice and helpful to me. And I'm not 20 anymore! 

Its blatantly obvious that you are  Mister Anonymous lol.  

I've got some sad news for you sunshine. Men too have many (if not al)l of the same fears. Why do you think they don't want to bother going out so much? The most terrified are the cuckroach gun nuts. You know the ones who can't leave the house w/o a gun. They can't roll over in their sleep w/o awaking to ensure they're locked and loaded. Don't worry. Biden's in soon. Then the special ones, the privileged ones, the ones who don't care about anyone else, the ones who are literally terrified by the proposition that a person's life matters, the ones who like fascism; will either have to leave, go to prison or die in their attempt to hurt you. 

Absolutely not. I do find it infuriating that women get blamed for men's poor behaviors because she "should have known better" or some garbage like that. For example, my sister and I were hiking in this remote area, and we came upon a guy also hiking (by himself). The first thing I did was pick up a hefty rock and readied myself to run simply because I knew if it all went south, we'd get the blame for putting ourselves in that position in the first place--I could just hear it--what were they even doing out there--even though nobody would even think that  of a man. Obviously it all turned out fine, but THAT is what bugs me, not that I'm weaker than some people. It doesn't take strength to overpower someone with a gun, anyway. 

To a limited extent, but being a man would associate me with the gender associated with that violence and threat, so I wouldn't want to be as physically strong.  It probably involves the temptation to address issues with violence rather than words.

If you feel that fearful, what is stopping you from joining a Gym or Boxing or Kick Boxing Class or 'self defence' and go out running and get fit, so that if you happen to be unlucky enough to be near an insane violent thug, you'll be able to run away from any danger he/she poses.

Fact of the matter is that statistically speaking men are more prone to have violent crimes committed against them, do we worry about them as much... NO we don't.  With that being said , Women shouldn't have to worry about that, the majority of Men if they ever saw another Man attacking a Woman would be right there trying to protect her. However sometimes it feels like that's not what you want. Just don't lump us all in together is all I'm saying.  Yes I'm aware there are a minority of people who like to call themselves men out there that do this , but come on :(

Plenty of men feel that when they're around larger men, armed men, etc. But in my normal daily life, especially during COVID-19 lockdown, I don't feel a lot of that. I have however felt it before at times when I had to walk to my car late at night and the like. My life just isn't constructed that way at the moment so I generally feel pretty safe...from men at least (living in a county that's on fire is quite another concern). 

I'm a guy, I weigh 130 pounds and I don't exactly have the strength of hercules.  I don't know why you assume that because I'm a man I don't have to worry about my safety.

Yes I do, hence why I hate and fear men. 

That’s why I avoid them like the plague!