What to say to an atheist who keeps asking for scientific evidence of God? ?

I’m a Christian who believes in God and loves him to death, and there’s this atheist who keeps asking me for scientific evidence of God and not just opinions, beliefs, and personal experiences? 

Put up or shut up. It’s that simple. Either that or just qualify your claims to the realms of faith and belief with no basis as a source of authority to claim anything to those who do not voluntarily chose said faith.

The holy spirit is the biggest evidence of Jehovah's existence. Before I received the holy spirit in my life I had no interest in becoming a Christian. I was also super timid and could hardly speak to anyone. I was also hooked on drugs. The power of the holy spirit transformed me completely. I am a totally different person now serving Jehovah and Jesus. I was baptized in 1976 when I was 21 years old. 

• If God really existed, the Bible would be written across the sky in stars, instead of being a much-mistranslated copy of ancient stories.

• Prince

Tell him it's "apples and oranges" and, if he knew anything about science at all, he'd stop asking such a stupid thing because you can NEVER find Faith in a test tube. 

As long as you aren't proselytizing, he should leave you alone in your happy delusion. If you were trying to ram your beliefs down his throat, then I could maybe see his side

Just tell them you have no evidence of your make believe friend.

Even the Bible says you must be able to provide proof.

.

• Rick

just ignore them.  there's NOTHING you could say or do that would make them change their minds ...................

Pass on this quote from the US National Academy of Sciences: "Science is a way of knowing about the natural world. It is limited to explaining the natural world through natural causes. Science can say nothing about the supernatural. Whether God exists or not is a question about which science is neutral." - (from page 28 of Victor J. Stenger's 'God, The Failed Hypothesis') But read "Who Made God? In search of a theory of everything" by Edgar Andrews, where this scientist explains the hypothesis of God, and takes Stenger to task, in the process. 

• Paul

Tell him that science is the study of the natural universe in natural terms. Supernatural/spiritual realities lie totally outside the realm of science, and science therefore cannot produce any evidence, pro or con, or make any relevant statements, concerning such realities.

born again Christian biologist

• Phil M

I am an atheist and I am getting tired of people who ask for evidence. We all know there is none and there can never be any. To keep asking is just childish. Ask him to come up with a better argument for why he thinks there is no god.