Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 month ago

Is my haircut haram?

• Mintee

no, not really,  but watch the height of the top, you dont want to look like a rooster 

You are just sexy 

• No.

Since your asking such question if you felt as it was haram then you wouldn’t have had a haircut.

It is your own hair then cut it as you prefer, no one force you to do anything with your own limbs. At the same do learn about what is Halal and Haram.

My understanding is that the hair should, at least, look vaguely similar all over in length. However, there is certainly some dispute as to what actually represents qaza'. Some are of the opinion that it only applies to the sides of the head being shaved clean with the top being left or having tufts and others say that, whereas it is not actually qaza' when it is cut to say a grade1, it still resembles qaza' so is haram. If the intention is to look smart then this is certainly not as bad as having a style which is to mimic others and particularly if that style is associated with another religion.

As far as your hair in the picture is concerned I think a good indicator is that the colour of the hair should be similar all over so that it has the appearance of being the same length which is a reverse argument of what has been said about that which appears to be qaza'. In other words, if the hair does not resemble qaza' then I think that is at least passable. In this respect I think the sides are maybe a little too short and you could maybe take another inch off the top. Otherwise it actually looks quite smart without being too showy.

In my research I actually found that dying of hair is not only permitted but, in many cases, is actually encouraged which was something of a surprise to me. I can't give you the name of the site or a link on here as the last time I did that I received a bit of a telling off which, in hindsight, I realised was probably justified. lol

So it is just the light area which causes a slight problem and you could, from the evidence I have seen, darken this with a dye to make it less pronounced or make sure that next time it is not quite so noticeable. This is just my opinion, from what I have seen and I am open to any dissenting views on this subject. 

Unless the hair cut refers to or treated as indicative of arrogance cannot be treated as Haram . So your hair cut being normally adopted, to me , is not haram . There is hadith in Sahee Muslim " Whosoever feels pride of his hair such hair cut is haram" . So , if ur hair cut refers to " Your " pride or arrogance can only be Haram 

Haram no, extremely disliked yes, you cant have 2 different lengths of hair. I'm not giving any fatwa but that's the view. Allah knows best. Ive included a snippet from the internet which backs this.