TheBellJar asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

Someone on here said you shouldn't feed your cat "junk" that's bad for their teeth but what is junk? ?

Really most things cats eat is bad for their teeth. Even cat food. The only thing that is good for their teeth is whole prey  and bone in raw. Brush your cats teeth if you feed canned or kibble. 

Modern cat food is specifically designed to have all the nutrients cats need for optimal health.

Feeding them human food like ice-cream,chocolate,fried chicken,pizza once in a while is not going to hurt them,but there must be limitatations.

I had cats in my family for about 50 years,never had a cat that had any problem with their teeth.

Cats are meat eaters. Anything that is not meat is junk. For example, carbohydrates like noodles, or biscuits would be considered junk. Plants like grass and catnip are not junk because it does help cats' digestive system. I notice my cat munching on grass sometimes.