Why is the anonymous option considered annoying?

I’ve seen answers mention how they would prefer if people didn’t go anonymous or that the option just shouldn’t exist. Is there a reason for this? I sometimes use it.

• geezer

The anonymous option is annoying because it ENCOURAGES Trolling !

Its original purpose was to allow people to post very personal and potentially embarrassing questions without being identified even as their avatar.

But it's been badly abused by trolls.

And PS, if your avatar doesn't give you enough anonymity, choose another.

I go anonymous because I got tired of some getting rude with me. I can not stand when someone will always get best answer and think they know everything and they are not perfect and can not know everything

• .

Not all users consider it annoying. There are things about every aspect of the site that some users will consider "annoying". Anyone unhappy about how the site works, is free to stop using it. The Anon function is used for hiding or abuse more than for the reason it was created, so that's likely the cause of some user's "annoyance". 

• Zirp

the anon-option itself isn't the problem.

Nasty trolls abuse it to pretend to ask a question, but they have everybody who would give the correct answer blocked...

Some people use it to troll others without getting blocked. What they don’t know, however, is that even though other users don’t know who you are, Yahoo Answers does. So that could get you suspended, maybe even banned.

Some people just want to be able to see their profiles & the anonymous option frustrates them because they can't see their profile, a certain user here gets very upset when people go anonymous... in reality though, he's just jealous of the fact that he feels he can't ever be anonymous because it just breaks the cycle of his entire profile.

• Daniel

A lot of people Tend to Abuse the Anonymous Feature and use it for the Wrong reasons 

Because people who post anonymously can't be blocked. That's why it's annoying. If there was a way to block someone who posts anonymously without knowing who the user is, I wouldn't hate it so much

I don't really mind as many anons are not rude but when they answer me anonymously while having me blocked so I can't find their page to block them back, that is mighty cheeky. You used to be able to receive an email when someone answers so that way you could find them but it hasn't been working for a long while.