Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

is it safe to water fast for 15 days at 16 5'4 female?

Honestly if it’s for religon then I can see where ur coming from but tbh it doesn’t sound too safe 

I have read and understand your question. And I am going to help you. I myself was having a

similar problem. After that I took the help of this website and benefited. Now I am a lot more

in danger. You can get help from this website if you want.

https://www.itlearningbd.com/p/fitness.html

nope         .

No, you would be depriving yourself of nutrients which would be bad for you, and as another person said, it would slow your metabolism down. Also it would be especially bad because you're not an adult so you're still growing, so you really need nutrients. I think you should focus on eating healthy every day (fruits and vegetables, lots of water, enough protein, etc.), and exercising, and also make sure to sleep enough (at least 8 hours a night).

• .

Starving yourself for 15 days is unwise and produces no real benefits. You starve your body of fuel, nutrition, and cause muscle to be used for energy (which causes your metabolism to slow down). The slowed metabolism means it's easier to gain weight, because your body will begin to store excess calories as fat at a lower calorie number than it did before you lost that muscle tissue.

No.  Not remotely.  In fact, it could be very dangerous if you were actually able to do it.  Your body and brain are still developing and they need fuel.  

Water fasts aren't meant for active high school students.  Instead of fasting, just start adjusting your food intake and food choices.  Eating in a calorie deficit (100-1500 calories a day depending on your activity level), while getting adequate protein and essential fatty acids and a variety of vegetables will help you improve your nutrition and also burn fat.

If you want to "fast" something, try fasting fast food, junk food, diary products, soft drinks, bread, cereal, pasta, fruit juice, etc.  That will be more than hard enough but won't rob you of any essential nutrients. 

• Mike G

Definitely not.

• kelvin

not at your age................

• ?

Well, its safe in that you probably wont die, but it will most definitely have adverse effects on your long term health. The most important cornerstone to any healthy diet is sustainability. If you have to stop a diet after 15 days because of possible health risks, it is absolutely not healthy for you in any time frame, its just around 15 days that the health risks become prohibitive. 

• Matt

no, the most would be a week - better to do every other day or one-meal-a-day