Kandie asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I need help figuring out what’s going on with me I cannot live like this Anymore. This just keeps getting worse.?

I don’t know what to do. I’m not asking for a diagnosis, I’m just looking for insight on what you think is going on. 

For some reason I can’t think about anything that has to do with the future (I can’t even think about my vision board) because if I do all my joy/excitement goes away and I will feel crappy and have no motivation (feel stuck in the moment) until I stop thinking about the event. It feels like a short Circuit. That emotion is consistently going back and forth like a light switch. This is a big problem for me. If I can’t get passed this I don’t know how I am suppose to move forward. Any advice helps

Back story: I have Clinical depression and I have a mild version of bipolar. I say mild because it don’t effect me as much as it does others and I am more on the depressed side instead of Manic. I also have Lyme diseases since 2016. Nothing new with my meds I’m taking

Lamotrigine, bupropion, and vyvance. I also use marijuana for pain. I take that only at night (vape) I’ve been taking those meds for 3 years and I’ve been smoking  For maybe

2 years so nothing new. I’ve been dealing with this for almost a year (I know we are in the pandemic, but this started way before it)

I’ve been seeing a therapist, but with the pandemic it’s hard to get in regularly so finding out an answer is kinda hard. She’s not sure what it is, but I’m hoping someone can give me a little insight

Thank you so much for your time 

What I'm saying is not a diagnosis. It's just a description of what's happening. You have this aversion to thinking about the future. Unless I'm mistaken, what you're talking about is anxiety. Again, this is not a diagnosis. I'm not saying that you're suffering from an anxiety disorder, just that you have some uncomfortable anxiety. 

What would a therapist say about this? I don't know. You'd have to ask one. Before I'm done I'll give you some information about seeing a therapist.

Maybe if you asked a therapist, this person would say that the thing to do is bring your anxiety down. Then again, this person might say that now isn't the time to be thinking about the future, that you should focus on recovery from the depression, which would put your problem-solving abilities in shape to deal with those issues.

When we have a lot of anxiety, it puts worrisome thoughts into our heads. There's two ways to get rid of those thoughts.

One is just to calm down. The easiest way to do this is to breathe slowly till you feel OK Two psychiatrists, Brown and Gerbarg, say a 10 or 20 min slow breathing exercise - 5 breaths a min - is good and 20 min twice a day is a therapy for anxiety. The exercise is inhale and exhale gently, 6 seconds each.

When you're calm, you can think your way through a problem instead of just worrying about it. Think about the worst thing that can happen, how likely that is and what you could do if it happens. In a stressful situation, think about the different ways you can respond and decide which one is the most intelligent.

Don't make mountains out of molehills.

When you use the thinking brain, you get control of the emotional brain, and you feel better.

Also, replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Count your blessings and remind yourself of your successes.

For more stress/anxiety information, see the link below under Source.

Some therapists have begun working on the phone. You can call your doctor and ask about this.

Legally, a therapist can work over the phone with anybody in the same state. Some insurance companies cover phone therapy. You can use the Psychology Today Find a Therapist feature to get a list of therapists in your state, find out who’s working by phone, and what kinds of problems they specialize in.

maybe you should get some counseling