Would you stay or go?

If you had a significant other or spouse and they were putting very little to no effort into the relationship or marriage because all their  effort and time went into their job(s). They are focus more on their job(s), and it seems like that’s more important to them than relationship or marriage.  Asking for a friend 

Update:

Think I’d rather move on thanks but no thanks 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The job is what makes the future a good one, deal with it or move on.

• 4 weeks ago

More marriages end in divorce than those that don't.  A large part of this is because one spouse ignores the other and almost goes out of their way to make the spouse feel unimportant.  It is the selfish nature of human beings.  Whether it be a man working 'too much' or a wife being 'not in the mood' - human beings are too selfish to be in committed relationships.

I would go, it's not going to change to the way the person wants it too.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

that depends on you and what you want to do

• tammy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Divorce if we not building our relationship, eventually it will die. Marriage takes a lot of work. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Depends on other factors such as how long the couple has been together and how long the focus on the job has been going on.  Marriages that last 40+ years go through lots of seasons, including those where one or both spouses don't put very much time or effort into the relationship. 

• 4 weeks ago

I'd go. Life is short to stay to someone who's married to their job.

• 4 weeks ago

No one can decide on what you should do because you only know what you can really handle. I think that if the person your with is worth talking to and things do change, and the good out weighs the bad then you can figure that part out. Before you just leave make sure you gave them a chance to fix the issue. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If there were no children involved and if I didn't have my own career to keep me busy I might consider divorcing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.