Why is part of my coconut flour white and part of it yellow ?

I never really thought about it one way or the other but I've had it in the fridge for a while and I was just pouring some into a container because I'm gonna use it for fried chicken which by the way it is fantastic for fried chicken it gets really really crispy like Panko breading, but anyway as I'm pouring it out the whole bunch is yellow and then as I keep pouring I see it's white . Like I pour a good fourth of a cup that's yellow and then as I keep pouring it out I get a good cup worth it starts showing it's extremely white white not yellow tinted at all it's white and it's actually finer like powdered sugar texture . Is that normal?

• Alpha

Coconut flour is actually the powdery form of the meat inside the coconut.  If you crack open a coconut, the inside will have a liquid refer to as coconut water and the inner lining of the shell will have a pulpy meat.  The meat is scraped off, dried, and powderized to make coconut flour.

Depending on the age, specie (there are over 60 species of coco trees)  and how deep into the lining is scooped, you get the different tone in color which ranges from white to yellow/amber.  The closer to the shell, the more yellow/amber the tint of the pulp.