Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

I'm a guy, and I want to know: Can women swim on their period?

Of course they can but wouldn't the water around them turn red?

If they're in a pool could the bleach burn the raw uterus?

Would they get an infection?

They can if they wear a tampon.

• J

That’s what tampons are for

I did when I was in high school. I swam a 400 yd heat in a competition meet in the middle of my period. 

• Andy C

It's usually FAR too small an amount of liquid to do that on.

Count another women appalled at how little you know about the female body.

The total output of menstrual blood over several days averages about 60 ml, or 4 tablespoons. It's not like an open wound bleeding. At any given moment, not a lot of blood is outside the body, nowhere near enough to tint the water.

Water doesn't enter the vagina when we swim. In fact, immersion in water stops or slows the flow for many. For some, it stops even if we just take a shower.

How much bleach are you thinking it takes to disinfect a pool? And you're good with putting your genitalia in there?

Wow, your lack of knowledge is horrifying. 

1. Women can and do swim while menstruating. The amount of blood flow isn't enough to color the water.

2. Pools aren't usually full of bleach, and

3. If there was bleach, it would need to be a LOT to burn the skin of either women or men.