Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 3 weeks ago

What do you do with used motor oil?

Turn it into gasoline, just like everyone else. 

If I'm thirsty, I'll drink it...if not, I pour it into the Chesapeake Bay.

Mix with Diesel fuel and pour around the base of house & barn to poison the ground, terminates can't get water.

bathe in it  .

Poor it into the garden and the Earth with absorb it. Don't listen to the recycling nonsense,  that's a scam to make money. 

• Rick

should be recycled, they can burn it.  Ask at the store where you bought it ............

used in chainsaw

You take it to your local DPW's facility that takes used motor oil. It costs more to change your own oil then it costs to go to  fast lube joint or a dealer offering oil change specials so why you messing around playing lube boy?

My county takes it on trash pickup day. I just pour the old oil back into the 5 qt. jug and set it next to the curb.

Find a legal place to dump it.  Some repair shops will take it and add it to the used oil they drain.  I called my township office and got the name of a shop.