Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

How do I stop getting angry when I lose at games?

Everyone tells me to just get over it, but I can't help it, it's not like I consciously make a decision to get angry, I just hate losing at anything.  

• falcon

Don't stop this show you care and maybe be a captain/leader 

Many have said enjoy the game. Of course I like to win, but it's fine if I lose. This stems from childhood experiences. You ego is controlling your reactions.

Prepare yourself before you start playing, that you won't get angry. Consider how people around you feel when you get angry...not comfortable.

All you can do is realize it is a game.

It won't affect your life.

The key is to enjoy the game itself. If you ask somebody who's really good at a game - baseball, poker, chess or whatever - what they like most about the game, that person will not say, "winning." It will be some aspect of playing the game. Winning is icing on the cake. If you enjoy the game you'll have a much better chance of winning.

Its normal. I get angry and I cuss like 30 times after losing. It's normal.