Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Someone I know just posted they were thinking about suicide on their Facebook page, what do I do?

I have not seen this person in probably 20 years.  

People often say this helps - 

You’re looking at things through depression glasses, which make everything look worse. When you recover, things will look very different. Problems that seemed hopeless will suddenly have obvious solutions. You’ll appreciate things as you never have before.

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis. It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=7s

Call the police.  They will know what to do to help this person.

• LAN

Call the cops and send them a link to that post.   Are you really too stupid to figure that out on your own.    I really wish you morons would either do yourselves in or stop begging for attention here with this idiocy over and over.

look up the local PD number and call them.

• what  do  you  want  to  do … text  her  'anonymously' ?